Tulizo 846 is a digital group last expense cover that provides reprieve for funeral expenses to families of a departed loved one. The primary target for this cover is the church faithful who are already organized into groups like Parishes.
What do I need to purchase the cover?
To buy this product, one will need to have the following:
- National Identity Card (ID)
- Birth Certificates (for minors)
- A mobile phone (any type as all run on USSD)
- Mobile Cash (Safaricom MPESA)
- Membership to a parish.
How to Enroll
The product is accessible if you are a member of any organized group. To enroll, you just dial USSD code *846# on your phone and follow a few simple steps to purchase cover, add dependents and appoint a beneficiary.
Are there age restrictions?
- The entry age is 18 to 70 years. There is no age restriction with continuous coverage.
- Children from the age of one month to 18 years are eligible dependents.
Scope of Cover
- There is no limit on the number of dependents within the nuclear family.
- All principal member’s children including adopted ones are eligible.
- The cover benefits and premium are on per person basis.
- The principal buys the cover for self and all dependents.
- There are several benefit options available for customers to choose from, each of which attracts a corresponding premium.
Who benefits from this policy?
- The principal member will be required to nominate the beneficiary in this policy and provide a cell phone number.
- In the absence of adult dependents, the policy benefits shall be paid to nominated trustees or administrators of the deceased member’s estate.
Cover Options & Premium Bands
- The premium payable shall be based on the selected benefit as per the under noted band:
|Last Expenses cover limit (Kes)
|Premium charged per person (Kes)
How do I claim?
- Death of an insured member shall be reported on the USSD platform *846#. Verification of death shall be done through the Parish Priest or group members. The company may request further documents and information to confirm the incident.
- The claim shall be settled by MPESA to the insured or appointed beneficiary within 72 hours of verification of death.
Any policy exclusions?
This cover shall not respond to deaths arising out of judicial execution, suicide, drug/substance abuse or any form of self-harm.
Still need help? Give us a call.
0730 677 000